Lil’ Rodeo Terrain Park
Bust out your sunscreen and come show your surf style on the biggest wave in Steamboat! This event is geared towards individual style and smiles. Contestants are encouraged to slash, catch air and get barreled. Judging will be based on style, individuality, and overall crowd response. Surf-style outfits are encouraged and all ages and abilities are welcome. Contestants will receive a free luau lunch and a free beer for those participants 21 and over thanks to Bud Light. Prizes include GoPro cameras, Ramp skis & snowboards, Zeal goggles, shades and more.
Be prepared to get wet! Helmets Required.
You must register on the day of the event in order to participate. Registration will be in Gondola Square at the Coca-Cola tent near the Billy Kidd statue from 11:00am- 12:30pm. Registration fee is $20 cash or check only and includes luau lunch. Participants must sign a waiver; parent or guardian must sign for those 17 & under. Helmets are required.
Contestants will be judged on style, individuality and overall crowd response in the following categories.
- Big Kahunas- Men 17 & Older
- Wahines- Women 17 & Older
- Menehunes- Youth 17 & Under
- Best Costume- All ages
- Parents/or guardians must sign release forms for children 17 & under.
- All event participants must sign release form & have their bib/credential in order to be able to participate.
- No alcoholic beverages within the race arena – disqualification will be immediate.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- 11am-12:30pm - Registration - Coca-Cola Tent in Gondola Square near Billy Kidd Statue
- 1:00-2:00pm - Surf Jam - Lil’Rodeo Terrain Park
- 2:30pm - Awards - Steamboat Stage